About En Primeur Offers
The Society makes regular en primeur offers (also known as opening or in-bond offers) of claret, Burgundy, Rhône and Languedoc-Roussillon and, occasionally, Port.
Members can also view remaining stocks from recent offers still available to order in the Other Available Wines section of this site.
How en primeur offers work:
- Select and order your wines (our team of wine advisers is here to help should you need any advice).
- We confirm your order and take payment.
- The wines arrive in Stevenage once they are bottled, when you will be asked if you would like to store the wines with us or have them delivered to you.
- Drink and enjoy the wines based on our annually updated drink dates.
Download this infographic as a PDF
More information on what happens when the wines arrive in the UK
- When the wines arrive in Stevenage, The Society will contact members, by e-mail or post, notifying them that their wine has arrived and placed into In-Bond Members' Reserves, and giving the opportunity for members to provide instructions for alternative storage or delivery.
- The wines will be placed automatically into In-Bond Members' Reserves. Members may opt to have their wines delivered within the UK, stored in Duty-Paid Members' Reserves, collected from Stevenage, exported or transferred to an outside bonded warehouse (see below). These wines cannot be collected from our showroom in France.
- Please note that only unmixed cases can be exported or transferred to outside bonded warehouses (for which there will be an administration charge).
- The en primeur wines remain the property of The Society until the wines are either transferred to In-Bond or Duty-Paid Members' Reserves or are delivered/collected as instructed, when they will become the property of the member.
- The Society will remain responsible for insuring the wine at the original en primeur invoice value until they become the member's property. Wines stored in either In-Bond or Duty-Paid Members' Reserves are insured at replacement cost.
- Should members wish to transfer any wines from In-Bond to Duty-Paid Reserves, the entire quantity of that wine will need to be transferred and duty & VAT will be payable
Who is sent en primeur offers?
All en primeur offers are posted on The Society's website. Printed copies are mailed to members who have bought from this type of offer in the last two years.
Alcohol levels in En Primeur wines
Please note: unfortunately we are unable to state alcohol levels in our en primeur offers. This is because the wines are still unfinished and alcohol levels often change once they are blended or bottled.