Deliveries to the Republic of Ireland
We organise monthly deliveries of unmixed whole dozens to the Republic of Ireland.
Orders need to be placed directly with our export team on +44 (1438) 741177 or email email@example.com
We regret you cannot place orders for export on this website.
Use the guide below to convert the UK sterling dozen prices into the price you pay for delivery in the Republic.
The price will include delivery to any one address in the Republic of Ireland.
Minimum order size is one unmixed dozen (sorry, we cannot include mixed cases).
Please pay by credit card. The total sterling value on your invoice will be charged to your credit card account and your credit card company will make the conversion to Euros.
When do we deliver?
Shipments are made monthly and orders received by the 15th of each month are delivered by the first half of the following month.
In November we extend the order deadline until the end of the month to allow for your orders to be delivered in time for Christmas.
Converting our published prices
- Deduct UK Duty & VAT:
Take the dozen price and divide by 1.20 to deduct the VAT.
Remove UK Duty by deducting the following:
- £26.78 per dozen (75cl) bottles of wine
- £34.30 per dozen (75cl) for Champagne/sparkling wine
- £35.70 per dozen (75cl) for fortified wine (exceeding 15% vol.)
- £129.33 per dozen (100cl) for Gin/Vodka of 37.5% strength
- £137.95 per dozen (100cl) for Whisky of 40% strength
- Add shipment charge
£5.18 per case for delivery to any single address in The Republic of Ireland.
- Add Irish excise duty (already converted to sterling at 1.08) as follows:
- £35.42 per dozen (75cl) bottles of wine
- £70.83 per dozen (75cl) for Champagne /sparkling wines
- £51.38 per dozen (75cl) for fortified wines (Port/Sherry)
- £177.38 per dozen (100cl) for spirits of 37.5% strength
- £189.20 per dozen (100cl) for spirits of 40% strength
- Then add 23% Irish VAT to total.
These calculations also apply if wines purchased from En Primeur Offers are delivered to the Republic of Ireland.
Please note: The Wine Society reserves the right to change taxes immediately in line with any government review of charges.
Collection in Northern Ireland
If you wish to take advantage of the UK rates of duty and VAT, you may pick up your wine from our shippers' collection point in Newry (details below). Alternatively, you can make your own arrangements for us to deliver to any other address in NI. No need to contact the export team for deliveries to NI and orders can be made online.
11 Chancellors Road
Tel: 02830 837500
Need more help?
We hope you find this information useful. If we can be of further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us on 00 44 1438 741 177 or alternatively email us at firstname.lastname@example.org