About En Primeur Offers
Reserve something special for the future. En primeur offers give you the chance to chalk your name on wines that are still maturing in their cellars. We regularly feature offers of Bordeaux, Burgundy, the Rhône and Languedoc, as well as occasional Port selections and other delicious discoveries from further afield. We've been offering wine in this way since the 1970s, so you can buy with complete confidence.
How it works, in a nutshell:
- Select and order your wines (if you need any advice, our team of wine advisers is here to help).
- We'll confirm your order and take payment.
- The wines will arrive in the UK once they are bottled, when you will be asked if you would like to store the wines with us or have them delivered to you.
- Drink and enjoy the wines based on our annually updated drink dates.
View our current en primeur offers
Download this infographic as a PDF
What happens after the wines arrive in the UK?
- Firstly we'll let you know and give you the chance to provide any instructions on storage. By default, we'll keep them in our In-Bond Members' Reserves, but you can choose to have it delivered, stored in Duty-Paid Members' Reserves, collected from Stevenage, exported or transferred to an outside bonded warehouse. Please note that only unmixed cases can be exported or transferred to outside bonded warehouses (for which there will be an administration charge).
- The en primeur wines remain the property of The Wine Society until the wines are either transferred to In-Bond or Duty-Paid Members' Reserves or are delivered/collected as instructed, when they will become the property of the member.
- The Wine Society will remain responsible for insuring the wine at the original en primeur invoice value until they become the member's property. Wines stored in either In-Bond or Duty-Paid Members' Reserves are insured at replacement cost.
- Should you wish to transfer any wines from In-Bond to Duty-Paid Reserves, the entire quantity of that wine will need to be transferred and duty & VAT will be payable
Who is sent en primeur offers?
All en primeur offers are posted on our website. Printed en primeur offers are also mailed to members who have bought from this type of offer in the last two years, and some smaller offers are sent by email.