Talbot, one of the largest classed growth estates with 102 hectares under vine, is situated inland just north of Gruaud Larose.
It is named after the English commander John Talbot who died at the battle of Castillon in 1453. It has been owned by the Cordier family since the early 1900s, and has long been popular in the UK. It was made a quatrième cru classé in the 1855 Classification and suffered a rather patchy period from which it has emerged in recent years. The wine is matured in oak barrels, 50% of which are new each year.