How this offer works
We expect the demand for Contino 939 Reserva Rioja 2019 to be high. We share out oversubscribed wines as widely as possible down to a minimum practical level per member. After that, wines are allocated as fairly as possible. Please be aware that some wines will sell out and substitute wines will be used where requested unless no substitutes are specified.
- Website and telephone orders will be accepted for this offer.
Your order should arrive at Stevenage by midday, Thursday 11th August, 2022
- We may have to ration wines in order to satisfy as many members as possible.
- Members whose orders have been received by midday, Thursday 11th August, 2022 will receive confirmation of their purchase by Tuesday 16th August, 2022 at the latest.
Terms and conditions for ordering from the Contino 939 Reserva Rioja 2019 en primeur offer
- En primeur wines are offered in a pre-mixed case or in a minimum of 12, six or three bottles of any one wine (in exceptional circumstances, we may reduce orders to one bottle only per member).
The en primeur contract between us
- Your en primeur order is an offer to buy from us. A contract is not formed until we accept your order which takes place when we invoice you for the wines at the en primeur price. The en primeur offer will indicate a date by which members will receive this confirmation of their purchase.
How to order
- Members may order on the website or by telephone.
- Payment by debit/credit card will be accepted.
- Once the offer has closed, we will then allocate the wines. Invoicing will follow shortly afterwards and payment taken. This will be completed by 16th August, 2022 at the latest. We will only charge the value of the wines allocated.
- Please note that we no longer accept payment by cheque for en primeur orders.
- Prices shown include delivery to a UK address but exclude excise duty and VAT which is payable, at the prevailing rate, after the wines arrive at Stevenage. Please note that VAT is payable on the sum of the en primeur price paid plus excise duty.
- The approximate time that the wines arrive is in spring 2023. If a particular wine is unexpectedly delayed beyond this time, we will advise members with a revised anticipated arrival date.
If demand exceeds supply
- If demand exceeds supply for any particular wine: we will seek to share stock equally amongst those members who have expressed an interest. This may mean that stock is rationed to six, three or, exceptionally one, bottle/s per member.
- This rationing is regardless of how many cases were ordered by the member. For some wines, cutting down orders in this way is sufficient action to ensure that everyone gets something, at least. However, for very oversubscribed wines, this may still not allow every member to have some wine.
- In this case we will allocate the stock. Allocations will be prioritised according to members’ levels of support for The Society (based on ordering history). Members who have given greater support to The Society will have a better chance (but no certainty) of being allocated a rationed amount of wine, and those who have given less support will have a lesser chance (but still a chance).
- Indicating a willingness to accept a substitute will not influence your chance of receiving the original wine.
Substitutes in en primeur orders
- If your original choice is unavailable, and you have ticked the box on our site to indicate that you would be happy to accept substitutes when placing your order, we will endeavour to complete your order with substitute wines.
- Substitutions will be of a similar style, quality and value. If the substitute is of a higher price, you will be charged the price of your original choice; if less expensive, you will be charged the lower price.
- If you change your mind about an en primeur order and wish to cancel it, please contact us within seven days of receipt of the Invoice/En Primeur Order Confirmation issued by The Society following order processing. We will then reimburse the appropriate sum paid within 14 days of cancellation. Due to the unique nature of en primeur campaigns, we are unable to accept cancellations after this time.
Once en primeur wines arrive at Stevenage
- The wines are expected to arrive in spring 2023.
- The Society will contact members, by email or post, notifying them that their wine has arrived and placed into In-Bond Members’ Reserves, and giving the opportunity for members to provide instructions for alternative storage or delivery.
- The wines will be placed automatically into In-Bond Members’ Reserves.
Members may opt to have their wines delivered within the UK, stored in Duty-Paid Members’ Reserves, collected from Stevenage, exported or transferred to an outside bonded warehouse (see below).
- Please note that only unmixed cases can be exported or transferred to outside bonded warehouses (for which there will be an administration charge).
- The en primeur wines remain the property of The Society until the wines are either transferred to In-bond or Duty-Paid Members’ Reserves or are delivered/collected as instructed, when they will become the property of the member.
- The Society will remain responsible for insuring the wine at the original en primeur invoice value until they become the member’s property. Wines stored in either In-bond or Duty-Paid Members’ Reserves are insured at replacement cost.
- Should members wish to transfer any wines from In-bond to Duty-Paid Reserves, the entire quantity of that wine will need to be transferred and Duty & VAT will be payable.