We expect the demand for Alheit 2021 to be high. We share out oversubscribed wines as widely as possible down to a minimum practical level per member. After that, wines are allocated as fairly as possible. Please be aware that some wines will sell out and substitute wines will be used where requested unless no substitutes are specified.
- Website and telephone orders will be accepted for this offer.
Your order should arrive at Stevenage by midday, Thursday 8th December, 2022
- We may have to ration wines in order to satisfy as many members as possible.
- Members whose orders have been received by midday, Thursday 8th December, 2022 will receive confirmation of their purchase by, Tuesday 13th December 2022 at the latest.
Terms and conditions for ordering from the Alheit 2021 In-bond offer
How to order
- You will need to pay using a stored card, or add a stored card when you place your order, to enable us to take payment once your allocation has been confirmed.
- Once the offer has closed, we will then allocate the wines. Invoicing will follow shortly afterwards and payment taken. This will be completed by 13th December at the latest. We will only charge the value of the wines allocated.
- Only payment by debit/credit cards will be accepted. Please note that we no longer accept payment by cheque for In-bond orders.
If demand exceeds supply
The Society has a long relationship with the producer in this offer and access to good quantities of wine. It is possible however that demand may exceed supply for some individual wines. If this happens, we share out the available stock equally amongst ordering members (sometimes down to one bottle per member). Ordering large quantities of a wine will therefore not increase your chances of obtaining some. If this still does not allow every member to have some wine, then as a final resort we allocate the available stock by groupings. These are calculated via members’ level of support for The Wine Society (taking into consideration quantity of wine bought, spend and also any unsuccessful orders from previous offers). Members who have given greater support to The Society will therefore have a better chance (but no certainty) of being allocated wine, and those who have given less support will have a lesser chance (but still a chance). We will offer a similar wine as a substitute if the original choice cannot be provided.
The Society’s Members’ Reserves is a purpose-built, temperature-controlled facility offering members access to optimum storage conditions. The annual rental charge is £9.24 per 12-bottle case per year inclusive of VAT and insurance at replacement value. Members can also remove a few bottles of a full case stored in Reserves. Please click here for more details.
You can now store your wines with The Society ‘in bond’. Duty and VAT on wines stored in this way will be payable only when the wines are withdrawn from Reserves.
What the price includes
- Prices shown include delivery to a UK address. They do not include excise duty or VAT.
- Payment of duty and VAT, at the prevailing rate (currently £27.93 duty per 12 75cl-bottle case, £13.97 per six-bottle case and 20% VAT payable on wine and duty) will be requested once the wines are removed for delivery or collection from Stevenage. The wines will arrive in the UK in early 2023.
- Once the wines arrive, members may opt to have them delivered within the UK or stored in Members’ Reserves.
Wines are offered in cases of three as indicated.
Please read note 17 on the full terms and conditions for this offer before placing your order.