NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the 145th Annual General Meeting of The International Exhibition Co-operative Wine Society Limited will be held at The Queen Elizabeth II Conference Centre, Broad Sanctuary, Westminster, London SW1P 3EE on Monday 10th June, 2019 at 5.30pm.
- 1. Report and Accounts for the year ended 25th January 2019
- 1.1 Chairman's address
- 1.2 Adoption of the Report and Accounts for the financial year ended 25th January, 2019
- 2. Appointment of Auditors
To appoint PricewaterhouseCoopers as auditors of The Society1.
- 3. To consider the remuneration of the Committee
- 4. Vacancies for Elected Members of the Committee
- 4.1 Report on retirements by rotation:
Alan Black and Katherine Douglas2 will be retiring by rotation
- 4.2 Report on vacancies existing for Elected Members at the date of the AGM: two3
- 4.3 Standing for election:
- 4.3.1 Alan Black for re-election
- 4.3.2 Eleanor de Kanter for election
- 5. Co-opted Members of the Committee
To propose confirmation under Rule 27.3 of the following appointments:#
- 5.1 Michael Findlay for a term of one year from 24th January 2019>
- 5.2 Thomas Foster for a term of one year from 17th January 2019
- 5.3 Eleanor de Kanter for a term of one year from 23rd June 20184
1st April, 2019
- Any Member wishing to be a candidate for election to the Committee must follow the requirements of Rule 24, copies of which are available from the Company Secretary or The Society's website.
- Only Members are entitled to attend and vote at the meeting. Members may bring one guest each, subject to seating availability. There is a charge of £10 per guest, which will be payable upon arrival in cash.
1 PricewaterhouseCoopers were appointed by the Committee on 26th September 2018 to fill a casual vacancy, in accordance with Rule 47.3.
2 Katherine Douglas wishes to retire from the Committee and she will do so at the end of the Annual General Meeting.
3 Two Elected Members will be retiring by rotation. The two vacancies which will accordingly exist for Elected Members at the Annual General Meeting will be filled at the meeting unless an additional candidate or candidates is or are proposed for election, in which case the two vacancies will be filled by postal election.
4 Eleanor de Kanter's position will be changed to Elected Member in the event of her successful appointment under item 4.3.2.