How this en primeur offer works
Orders by telephone, website and post will be accepted.
Orders need to arrive at Stevenage by 8pm, Tuesday 12th February, 2019 and will be processed thereafter. Members will receive confirmation of their purchase by 14th March, 2019 at the latest.
If demand exceeds supply
The Society has a long relationship with this supplier and access to good quantities of wine. There is a chance that demand may exceed supply, in which case we will share out (as far as is practical) the available stock equally amongst ordering members. If this still does not allow every member to have some wine, then as a final resort we divide members into groups depending on their level of support for The Society (quantity of wine bought, spend, orders placed etc). Members who have given greater support to The Society will have a better chance (but no certainty) of being allocated wine, and those who have given less support will have a lesser chance (but still a chance).
The Society’s Members’ Reserves is a purpose-built, temperature-controlled facility offering members access to optimum storage conditions. The annual rental charge (currently £8.64 per dozen if paid by direct debit, £9.84 if not) includes VAT and insurance at replacement value. Any wine bought from The Society, by the unmixed or pre-mixed dozen, may be added or removed at any time. Members can also remove a few bottles of a full case stored in Reserves. Wines removed in this way need to be made up into 12-bottle cases using no more than four different wines from the member’s unmixed cases stored in Reserves. Please visit our reserves page for more detail.
What the price includes
- Price shown includes delivery to a UK address. They do not include excise duty or VAT.
- Payment of duty and VAT, at the prevailing rate (currently £27.93 duty per 12 75cl-bottle case and 20% VAT payable on wine and duty) will be requested once the wine is removed for delivery or collection from Stevenage. The wine will arrive at Stevenage in summer 2019.
- Once the wine arrives, members may opt to have them delivered within the UK or stored in Members’ Reserves.
- Members, especially those living overseas, should note that only unmixed cases may be exported or transferred to an outside bond.
- The wine is offered in cases of twelve or four magnums as indicated.
Please read the full terms and conditions for this offer before placing your order.