How this en primeur offer works
Orders by telephone, website, post and fax will be accepted.
Orders need to arrive at Stevenage by 8pm, Tuesday 19th February, 2019 and will be processed thereafter. Members whose orders have been received by this date will receive confirmation of their purchase by 21st March, 2019 at the latest.
If you wish to receive e-mail notifications for this and subsequent opening offers, and have not already notified us, please contact us on 01438 741177.
If demand exceeds supply
The Society has a long relationship with many of the growers in this offer and access to good quantities of wine. It is possible however that demand may exceed supply for individual wines, in which case we will share out (as far as is practical) the available stock equally amongst ordering members. If this still does not allow every member to have some wine, then as a final resort we divide members into groups depending on their level of support for The Society (quantity of wine bought, spend, orders placed etc). Members who have given greater support to The Society will have a better chance (but no certainty) of being allocated wine, and those who have given less support will have a lesser chance (but still a chance). The Society will offer a similar wine as a substitute if the original choice cannot be provided, or members may nominate their own substitute when ordering. Doing so will not lessen the chance of receiving the original wine.
The Society’s Members’ Reserves is a purpose-built, temperature-controlled facility offering members access to optimum storage conditions. The annual rental charge (currently £8.64 per dozen if paid by direct debit, £9.84 if not) includes VAT and insurance at replacement value. Any wine bought from The Society, by the unmixed or pre-mixed dozen, may be added or removed at any time. Members can also remove a few bottles of a full case stored in Reserves. Please click here for more detail.
What the price includes
- Prices shown include delivery to a UK address. They do not include excise duty or VAT.
- Payment of duty and VAT, at the prevailing rate (currently £26.78 duty per 12 75cl-bottle case, £13.39 per six-bottle case and 20% VAT payable on wine and duty) will be requested once the wines are removed for delivery or collected from Stevenage. The wines will arrive at Stevenage in autumn 2019 for the whites and spring 2020 for the reds.
- Once the wines arrive, members may opt to have them delivered within the UK or stored in Members’ Reserves.
- Members, especially those living overseas, should note that only unmixed cases may be exported or transferred to an outside bond.
- Wines are offered in cases of 12, six or three as indicated.
Please read the full terms and conditions for this offer before placing your order.