A vintage Gordon Ramsay recipe, which appeared in his regular feature in The Times on Saturday.
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 x 175g sustainable cod fillets
- 8 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 125g chorizo, sliced (not the very hot kind)
- 4 tbsp dry sherry
- 8 large fresh basil leaves (coriander works well too)
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 lemon
Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Drizzle some oil into four heatproof dishes and place a cod fillet in each one. Divide the tomatoes, chorizo, sherry and remaining olive oil between the dishes. Lay a couple of basil leaves on top and season well.
Cover each dish tightly with foil and bake for 10–20 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish, until it is cooked; prod with a fork to ensure the fish is tender and cooked through. Remove the foil and squeeze a little lemon juice over.
Serve with buttered cabbage, cavolo nero, spinach or whatever you fancy, and a rich white, lightish red or rosé.