- 2 bottles The Society’s French Full Red
- 1/3 bottle The Society’s Port
- 1/4 bottle French Pure Grape Brandy
- A lemon stuffed with cloves
- Peel of 2 Lemons
- Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 3 Cinnamon Sticks
Bring to near boiling very slowly, stirring whilst adding brown sugar to taste.
Serve in Mugs
Mulled Wine Cup
- 1 bottle The Society’s French Full Red
- 1 stick Cinnamon
- Sliced orange and/or lemon
- Lemon peel
- 1 cup of sugar
- 6 cloves
- Rum to taste
Boil the cloves, cinnamon and sugar in water or a little wine for several minutes.
Pour in the remaining wine and continue heating, meanwhile adding lemon peel and slices of orange, lemon and rum. Taste periodically!!
Serve the mixture hot, not boiling
Recipe provided by Allan Sharman of Member Services
Alternatively our Gourmet Mulling Syrup provides a simple and convenient short-cut for making mulled wine and is also delicious drizzled over ice cream.