(prep 10 mins /cook 40 mins)
- 375g pack of ready-rolled puff pastry
- 3 or 4 flavoursome tomatoes, sliced
- 150g goat's cheese, sliced
- couple of sprigs of thyme
- extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
- runny honey
- 1 egg
- salt and black pepper
Pre-heat the oven to 190°C/gas 5. Line a baking sheet with baking
parchment. Lay the pastry on the baking sheet, crimp up the edges a little.
Arrange the tomato slices over the pastry, leaving a border, and season.
Next arrange the slices of cheese over the tomatoes, sprinkle over some
thyme leaves followed by a drizzle of oil and the merest touch of honey.
Brush the whisked egg around the edges to glaze. Bake for approx. 40
mins, checking that the pastry doesn't get too brown. Serve warm with a
rocket salad and your Med pink of choice.