First Release: an exciting new way of buying in-bond wines. First Release wines are bottled and ready to be shipped, and will include some of the finest wines from around the world, with some starting below £10 a bottle. As the wines are sold in bond, duty and VAT is only payable once the wines are withdrawn from Stevenage or transferred to Duty Paid Member Reserves.
Why buy wine First Release?
- Reserve sought-after wines, ready to be shipped
Wines offered ‘First Release’ are bottled and ready to be shipped to the UK, and arrive earlier than en primeur wines (which are still maturing in the producers’ cellars).
- Opening, in-bond prices
By reserving these wines just before they arrive in the UK, you’ll be securing them at their First Release price.
- Something special for the future
Most of these wines will benefit from ageing: the decision when to pull the cork is yours!
- A wide range of options
We’ll be offering a wide variety of fantastic wines in this way throughout the year.
How First Release works
- Take advantage and order (remember, our Wine Specialists Team is on hand if you need any advice or have any questions).
- First Release offers are open for around a week. Once closed, orders will then be entered into an allocation system and confirmations of successful orders will be sent out soon after.
- We'll confirm your order and take payment.
- Within three months (in most cases), your wine will arrive in the UK and we’ll let you know it’s here.
- You can then choose to take delivery, or to store the wines with us in the perfect conditions of our Members’ Reserves facility, which offers the best-value wine storage in the country.
- Drink and enjoy your wine based on our annually updated drink dates.