What is your moderation policy?
We do moderate comments and reviews, purely to ensure that content published on The Wine Society's website is of value to members, and is fair and balanced. We're delighted to say that in the vast majority of cases, our members' input is just that!
We will normally approve comments for publication if they:
• Respect other members.
• Don't incite hatred on the basis of race, religion, gender, nationality or sexuality or other personal characteristic.
• Don't include obscenities.
• Don't reveal personal details, such as private contact details.
• Don't break the law (including libel, condoning illegal activity and breaking copyright).
• Are reasonably concise, and don't constitute spamming.
• Don't advertise commercial products and services. You may mention relevant products and services if they support your comment or review.
• In The Society's opinion are not likely to adversely affect The Society's reputation or business.
• Don't impersonate or falsely claim to represent a person or organisation.
• Are in English. Unfortunately, we do not currently have the resource to moderate comments in other languages.
• Are on topic.
If a review or comment does not meet the rules above, then we may remove it from the site, and we reserve the right to do so at any time. Where we choose not to publish a rating, comment or review for a reason other than those listed here, we will reply to the member concerned by email explaining our reasons and inviting them to make appropriate changes so that their input can be reconsidered. We also reserve the right not to publish reviews that mention other wine merchants and competitors.
Your review and your name will be displayed on our website. We may wish to use your comments and ratings in our literature or elsewhere online. Unless you specify otherwise, you are therefore agreeing in posting your comments that The Society has the right to use, edit, publish in any media, delete and/or store the whole or any part or parts of that post, and may quote you by name, without charge and without reference to you or anyone else.
Did you find this helpful?