Terms and Conditions
- The prize draw is open to current members of The Wine Society who are residents of England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland aged 18 years or over, except employees of The Wine Society, members of The Wine Society’s Committee, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the prize draw.
- Members who purchase a gift membership between the 1st November and 23rd December 2023 are automatically entered into the prize draw. One entry per purchased membership is permitted. Members do not need to contact The Wine Society to confirm their entry.
- The opening date for entries is 00.01am on 1st November 2023. The closing date of the prize draw is 23.59 on 23rd December 2023.
- The prize consists of one £1,000 credit that will be placed onto the winner’s Wine Society account no later than 31st January 2024. There will be 1 winner. No alternative prizes are available.
- The Wine Society accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed due to a technical fault, technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure of any kind. If for any reason a technical interruption, fault or site failure occurs when purchasing online, The Wine Society does not take any responsibility for incomplete purchases and any incomplete purchases will not be considered valid for entry into the prize draw. The Wine Society accepts no responsibility for any purchases which are not completed for any reason. The Wine Society accepts no responsibility for inaccurate or incomplete member data which cannot be matched to our database and therefore cannot be entered into the draw.
- In the event that the winner’s details provided are not sufficient for The Wine Society to match to a unique member on our member database the draw will be re-run.
- The winner will be chosen by a random draw supervised by an independent person. The draw will be made by 14th January 2024.
- Winners will be notified by email, or in the absence of email, by phone or letter.
- The prize for the winner is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered. The prize will be awarded no later than 14th January 2024.
- The prizes are supplied by The Wine Society. The Wine Society reserves the right to replace the prizes with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond The Wine Society’s control make it necessary to do so.
- The Wine Society will never ask you to confirm your bank details as part of the competition process. The winner will be contacted by phone and notified by email from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The decision of The Wine Society regarding any aspect of the prize draws is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
- Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. The Wine Society reserves the right to refuse entry or refuse to award the prizes to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
- The Wine Society reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, The Wine Society, its agents, or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winners or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury, or death occurring as a result of taking up the prizes except where it is caused by the negligence of The Wine Society, its agents, or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- The Wine Society is required to either publish or make available information, if requested, that indicates that a valid award took place. Accordingly, The Wine Society reserves the right to provide the surnames of the winner(s), together with their county and winning entry, if relevant, to anyone who contacts Member Services. The Wine Society will notify the prize winner(s) in advance. The prize winner(s) will be given the opportunity to object to their information being published or, if possible, reduce the amount of information published about them. If the prize winner objects to any or all of the prize winner’s surname, county and winning entry being published or made available, please contact Member Services at The Wine Society. Prize winner(s) should note that The Wine Society may be required to provide their information to the Advertising Standards Authority in the event of a challenge. Personal data supplied during the course of this promotion will be processed as set out in the Wine Society’s Privacy Notice, which can be found here.
- The prize draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the prize draws submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
- The promoter of this prize draw is International Exhibition Co-operative Wine Society Limited (‘The Wine Society’) a registered society under the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014 (register number 1824R) and whose registered office is at Gunnels Wood Road, Stevenage SG1 2BT.
View our full terms and conditions