- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 x 175g sustainable cod fillets
- 8 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 125g chorizo, sliced (not the very hot kind)
- 4 tbsp dry sherry
- 8 large fresh basil leaves (coriander works well too)
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Drizzle some oil into four heatproof dishes and place a cod fillet in each one. Divide the tomatoes, chorizo, sherry and remaining olive oil between the dishes. Lay a couple of basil leaves on top and season well.
- Cover each dish tightly with foil and bake for 10–20 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish, until it is cooked; prod with a fork to ensure the fish is tender and cooked through. Remove the foil and squeeze a little lemon juice over.
- Serve with buttered cabbage, cavolo nero, spinach or whatever you fancy, and a rich white, lightish red or rosé.